- A battery operated submarine with a water circulation pumping system that draws water from the tub and recycles a safe stream of water without wasting water from the tap.
- Water magically streams through the diver shower head especially designed for easy grip and activation by small hands.
- Direct water flow into the water activity center to generate a chain reaction of surprising magical water effects in the bath tub!
- Encourages independent play and exploration.
- Grasping the shower head and filling the whale encourages development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Spraying action stimulates baby’s senses of sight & touch.
- Teaches children cause & effect processes and concepts such as full/empty, float/sink etc.
- Closed water circulation system saves water and promotes safety by maintaining water level and temperature.
- Using the Submarine Pump – place the submarine pump unit on the bottom of the bath tub. Ensure water level is at least 5 cm. Attach the water activity station to the side of the bath tub using the suction cups. Ensure the yellow propeller is at least 1 cm above the water level.
- Reducing water anxiety – demonstrate to your child how to operate the diver shower head by pressing the trigger. Obtaining control over their surroundings encourages children who may be fearful of water to experience a pleasant feel of water on their skin. Expecting the flow of water which they themselves create reduces water anxiety and makes bath time even more fun due to the feeling of accomplishment.
- Developmental benefits of the water activity center – present different ways to use the shower head. Demonstrate how to turn the pump on and off, and how to aim the water flow to either of the two funnels. Each course will create a chain reaction of surprising water effects. By doing so, your child develops his eye-hand coordination, gross & fine motor skills, as well as spatial awareness. Following the water flow through the funnel will teach your child cause & effect.
The Submarine Spray Whale stopped working:
- The product stops working when the propeller or filter are blocked by dirt, hair soap or rust. In order to fix this, unscrew filter and pull it out. Wash with soap and water, ensuring that the filter mesh is completely clean. Make sure propeller rotates freely. If it does not, try to release whatever is causing it to be stuck with a sharp object, such as a screwdriver, until it rotates freely again. Reinsert filter and attach screws.
- If you would to watch a tutorial, click here.
- Change batteries.
The water stream from the diver shower is slow:
- Allow the pump to be filled with water – plug the water output hole on the diver shower with a one finger for a minute.
- Clean filter – clean mesh and make sure that the filter propeller spins freely.
- Change batteries.
Still doesn’t work:
Are batteries included in the Submarine Spray Station?
No. Batteries are not included in package.
What type of batteries are needed to operate the Submarine Spray Station?
4 X AA Batteries.
How do I Insert the batteries?
Attention! Before inserting batteries, ensure the product is dried thoroughly!
To insert batteries, unscrew the battery compartment cover (located on the front side – “nose” of the submarine) using a coin and extract the battery compartment. Insert 4 X 1.5V AA (LR6) batteries, ensuring correct polarity. Replace the compartment cover and screw firmly into position (see instructions – images 1+2+3)
Attention! Before using, make sure the battery compartment is completely sealed!
How do I start the water flow in the Submarine Spray Whale?
After attaching the submarine to the bottom of the tub, just press the nobs on the diver shower head to start the water flow.
What should the water height in the tub be for ideal operation?
The submarine water pump should be placed on the bottom of the bath tub, while water level must be at least 5 cm.
Which water effects are created when directing water into the whale?
Directing the water inside the whale creates a cool spraying effect while directing the water flow towards the whale will make him swim or float.
How do I clean the filter?
Unscrew the filter (located on the underside of the submarine beneath the suction cup) and pull it out. Wash with soap and water, ensuring that the filter mesh is completely open. Make sure the inner propeller is also clean and spins freely. Reposition the filter and screw firmly.
How often should I clean the filter?
The filter should be cleaned every time batteries are replaced.
What is the date code and where can I find it on the product?
The Yookidoo date code number helps us track the production date of the product. The date code of the Yookidoo Submarine Spray Whale is on the bottom of the submarine base. It is a 5 digit number and ends with the 2 letters: RB
Design No. 201530054589.9;
Design No. 201530054588.4
Design No. 002648550-0001;
Design No. 002648550-0006;
Design No. 002648550-0007;
Design No. 56058;
Design No. 56057;
Design No. 56130
Korean Patent No. 10-1993637
U.S. Patent No.10010800