Last Updated: September 2019
Information We Collect
The information We collect is as follows:
- IDENTITY INFORMATION: first and last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth.
- DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: home or other physical address.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: telephone number, e-mail address, billing address and delivery address.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION: billing and/or credit card information.
- ACCOUNT INFORMATION: your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, your preferences, product feedback.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION: information about your device, including about your web browser, IP addresses, domain names, the website or search terms that referred you to us, some of the cookies that are installed on your device, network identifiers of our users and entry and exit points, time and date stamps, number of clicks and other similar information.
- -USAGE DATA: The individual web pages or products that you view and information about how you interact with the Website. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed, and other similar usage of information.
- MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION INFORMATION: your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and Our third-party providers and your communication preferences.
- OTHER: statistical information for any purpose, for example, we may collect usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing the Website or a specific feature.
We DO NOT collect any SPECIAL CATEGORIES of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Use and Sharing of Information Collected
Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, personal identifiable information that may be collected from visitors on the Website is retained by DMS or Our third-party service providers. We do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personal identifiable information outside of these third-party service providers, except as disclosed below or where other disclosure is required by law.
How we use your information
We and our third-party service providers may use the personal information collected about you, including personal identifiable information and usage data for any of the following purposes:
- To process your registration and account creation with the Website, including verifying your contact information is active and valid.
- To identify you as a user in our system.
- To process and fulfill any orders placed through the Website- including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
- Notify winners of a sweepstake, contest, or any other promotion.
- To customize and tailor your experience on the Website, for example, by displaying content we think you might be interested in.
- Contact product owners in response to a product recall.
- Respond to a specific request or service inquiry of visitors.
- Obtain parental consent from visitors under 16 years of age (or the applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction), where necessary.
- Provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or guardian, where necessary.
- Protect the security or integrity of our Website, if necessary.
- Send out notifications and/or newsletters and/or marketing communication- including personalized advertising and/or requests regarding Yookidoo® brand & products, events or other promotional purposes, if you have opted to receive such communications. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional information at any time by following the 'unsubscribe' link on any promotional material sent to you.
- To understand shopping needs and preferences.
- Better understanding of the behavior of our Website users, for making improvements according to our marketing and research goals.
We may also share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- For online payments we use the payment services of Shopify and PayPal. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information and we will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- Actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets or stock.
- Any constitutional purposes such as competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Any other entity with your consent to the disclosure.
Notwithstanding the above, DMS reserves the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
How we collect information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you.
You may directly give Us personal information when you create an account on the Website, purchase Our products, subscribe to emails or newsletters, request information or send queries, enter a competition, promotion or give Us feedback.
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). Web Beacons are tiny graphic files that contain a unique identifier on a website and on emails, in order to deliver or communicate with cookies, to monitor traffic behavior as well as measuring the effectiveness of a website and advertising. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning. We may also use Embedded scripts, which are programming codes designed to collect information about your interaction with the Website, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, and is active only while you are connected to the Website.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which it is collected.
We will, however, normally collect personal information from you only in the following cases: (i) where we need the personal information to carry out a contract with you, for example when you purchase our products; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your rights, for example to connect our marketing to you; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to: operating Our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide Our services to you, responding to your queries, improving our Website, undertaking marketing or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate We will clarify at the time what those legitimate interests are.
Social Network Access
If you sign in or link to the Website through any social networking service, such as Facebook, Instagram, You Tube, and other services, any information you supply (or have supplied) to Us becomes subject to the Privacy Notice of that social network/service. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such networks or services. For further information, please consult the privacy notice of such networks/services.
We retain personal information which we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, to allow you to purchase products on the Website, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, We will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then We will make our best effort to securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Date Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, or in certain other situations, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Please be aware that it may not be reasonably possible to remove each and every record of information you have provided us. The need to back-up systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that copies may exist in forms that are difficult for Us to locate or access.
Do Not Track
Please be aware that currently we do not alter Our Website’s information collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a resident of California, please note that the California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please direct your e-mail request to the contact information set forth below and indicate “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail. Please also include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to your request once during the course of any calendar year.
Protecting the security of your information is important to us. We use reasonable precautions to protect our users' personal information and to store it securely. Sensitive information that is transmitted to Us online is encrypted and is transmitted to Us securely. In addition, access to all our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal identifiable information. The servers on which We store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. However, you should recognize there is always some risk involved in transmission of information over the internet or in a method of electronic storage. Your use of Our Website and provision of your information is at your own risk.
The Website is a general audience site that is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from visitors who are under the age of 16 or applicable age if different in a particular jurisdiction. Visitors who are under the age of 16 should not provide information to the Website without the consent of their parents. We do not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If it occurs that we have obtained any personal identifiable information about a child under age 16, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or of a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage parents to supervise the online activities of their children and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers, that help provide a child-friendly web environment.